Terms & Conditions of Boarding & Day Care at The Barkary
- BOOKINGS: A telephone enquiry/provisional booking is not accepted as a booking. To reserve a place for any dog, owners are required to visit The Barkary Kennels with their pet, to complete a booking form. Returning customers do not have to visit each time.
- OWN RISK: We will take every care and consideration with your dog which is accepted at owners’ risk. You are welcome to bring your dogs own bedding and toys should you wish to. All dogs must be fitted with a collar and securely fastened identification tab or be microchipped (the law states that it is compulsory to have your dog microchipped). The Barkary cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to property, possessions or vehicles, however caused whilst on the premises. Customer’s leads and check chains are accepted into the kennel.
- VACCINATIONS: All dogs must be vaccinated against Parvovirus, Distemper, Hepatitis and the Leptospiral diseases. Protection against Kennel Cough is also required- your dog cannot be accepted into the kennels for 2 weeks after having the Kennel Cough vaccination if not previously vaccinated or it has lapsed. WE ARE UNABLE TO ADMIT DOGS WITHOUT SIGHT OF AN UP TO DATE VACCINATION CARD unless your vets can authorise otherwise. If you are effused entry you will be liable for the full costs of the proposed stay. Please note: Dog(s) showing signs of kennel cough or any other contagious disease will be turned away.
- HEALTH: Owners warrant that any dogs which are admitted for boarding are fit, sound and healthy (or that the kennels have been advised of any existing conditions). Owners undertake to declare any history of veterinary problems that could occur whilst boarding and to draw attention to any traits that their dog may have. Owners authorise any veterinary treatment to be given should it be necessary during the period of boarding. Owners will be required to settle any vets’ bills that may arise should your dog require treatment for any accident or illness whilst boarding at our facilities. Please ensure that flea and worming treatments are up to date and if required done at least one week before boarding with us. Should we need to administer either of these treatments during the boarding period, you will be charged accordingly. We reserve the right to refuse admission to any dog appearing to be unwell or thought to be suffering from any illness or infectious disease and you will be liable for the full cost of the proposed stay.
- MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION: If medication is required to be administered, this will be undertaken provided the dog will accept the medication without resistance and that the medication can be given by a person who does not hold a veterinary qualification.
- OPENING HOURS: All dogs must be dropped off and collected within the specified opening times you’ll find on the website unless prior arrangement has been made with the proprietor. Please take note that we operate a hotel booking system which if you are outside of the times for pick up, additional charges will occur.
- FAILURE TO COLLECT: Owners authorise the re-homing / sale / disposal of their dog in the best way possible should they fail to collect their dogs within 14 days of the end of the boarding period and should they fail to contact The Barkary Kennels to provide an explanation. Every effort will be made to come to a reasonable arrangement prior to taking this action as a last resort.
- CANCELLATIONS: Cancellations must be advised a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the date of arrival. After this period 50% of the proposed stay costs will be charged. For cancellations within 48 hours you will be invoiced for the full amount of the proposed stay.
- PAYMENT: Charges are per full day. The day of departure will be charged in full if you have not collected before 10am on that day. Payment can be made by cash, cheque, bacs payment and this must be paid before the hand over of the dog. We reserve the right to hold the dog until full payment is received, any extra days will be charged at the normal rate.